Sonic Forum For All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My opinions of "Mary-Sue"

3 posters

Go down

My opinions of "Mary-Sue" Empty My opinions of "Mary-Sue"

Post by Angel Of Music Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:56 pm

I think it´s spelled Mary-Sue at least.... Anyway, Renegade told me a lot about what is Mary-Sue and what isn´t Mary-Sue, and somehow it´s bad being a Mary-Sue. However, I disagree, a lot. Sure, I agree with some of the stuffs, like it´s bad to have a character that is a canon characters sister, brother, dad, girlfriend or whatever. But, Renegade also told me that it is Mary-Sue to be born with something that noone else have, like super speed, or super strenght. And I think that´s cool, since then you think " Aha, it´s that character " when you explain how it is. And, if it doesn´t have anything that noone else have, wouldn´t it be boring? And it makes your character Mary-Sue to give it a name that you have, or would like to have, or your nickname or whatever. And I think it´s cool to give your character your nickname or something. I mean, then it´s like " This is how I gave my character the name: " And you got a story to tell, that doesn´t even involve the canon characters. And the last thing: I think ALL Sonic character is Mary-Sue, but they can´t be, since they´re canon characters. Isn´t that weird too?
Angel Of Music
Angel Of Music
Angel Of Music
Angel Of Music

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

My opinions of "Mary-Sue" Empty Re: My opinions of "Mary-Sue"

Post by Renegade Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Indeed weird. I agree with you, Cheos. And in fact, the name thing should not be called Mary-Sueism, but self-insertion. Self-insertion is all right as long as it's not a Sue.
Renegade
Renegade
Angel of Night
Angel of Night

Number of posts : 5382
Registration date : 2009-01-01

https://sffa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayik the Hedgefox Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 pm

I understand but I can't put it into words.
Nayik the Hedgefox
Nayik the Hedgefox
Sonic
Sonic

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: